bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Jared Duncan...@jdunk.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound installation issue(s)?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 05:40:36 GMT
Ryan and Olemis, thank you very much!  Using the "product admin" command
and specifying the product did the trick.  I would say it was highly
non-obvious and I couldn't find any documentation nor anything googleable
regarding how to finish one's setup.  Even just something at the end of the
installation page (or anywhere) that says "btw the only way to modify your
components, versions, priorities, ticket types, etc, is to use trac-admin,
and with bloodhound you want/need to use the 'product admin' command, and
this is what 'prefix' and 'sub-command' mean, and here is at least one
example."  Would have saved me a lot of grief -- glad it has already been
identified as confusing and hopefully a blurb like that is on the way; I
think that would really improve the adoption.  Oh, and also "Add
permissions to unlock a lot of hidden functionality in the UI" would be
another great recommended "next step" for setup.

I don't know how much of that is moot with 0.8, but I imagine a lot would
still apply.

Also is there somewhere that clearly explains the n:m relationship between
bloodhound installations, environments, products, wikis, and repositories?
 e.g. "per bloodhound installation, there can be many environments, each
environment can have many products, only one wiki per environment, shared
by all products," etc, and also at what level the UI operates exactly (eg
"there is one UI per environment; multiple UIs can be set up for each
bloodhound installation by running multiple tracd's and/or VirtualHost's").

I'll start a new thread for my other main issue to keep things clean here.

Thanks again!