bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Jared Duncan...@jdunk.com>
Subject Bloodhound installation issue(s)?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 01:50:30 GMT
Hello list.  Bloodhound looks fabulous and I'm very eager to use it, but
I'm facing some frustrating show-stoppers during the setup phase.  (I'll
keep it to just the main one in this email.)

So, I can successfully install it following the instructions provided here:

https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundInstall

Installed version 0.7 on Ubuntu and ran bloodhound_setup.py with arguments
for sqlite, a project name, and an initial admin user.  Via tracd, the Web
UI runs and through it, I can create wiki pages and tickets and milestones.

However, there seems to be a heavy disconnect between the data that
trac-admin sees and the data that the Web UI reads from / writes to.  Also,
what trac-admin sees seems to be missing quite a lot of the initial data it
should have.  For example, here is some output from trac-admin:

Trac [/usr/local/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/environments/bhone]>
session list

SID    Auth  Last Visit  Name  Email
------------------------------------
jared  1     2013-09-17

Trac [/usr/local/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/environments/bhone]>
milestone list

Name  Due  Completed
--------------------

Trac [/usr/local/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/environments/bhone]>
component list

Name  Owner
-----------

Trac [/usr/local/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/environments/bhone]>
version list

Name  Time
----------

Trac [/usr/local/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/environments/bhone]>
severity list

Possible Values
---------------

Trac [/usr/local/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/environments/bhone]>
resolution list

Possible Values
---------------

Trac [/usr/local/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/environments/bhone]>
product list

Prefix  Owner  Name
----------------------

Trac [/usr/local/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/environments/bhone]> wiki
list

Title                         Edits  Modified
BloodhoundSearch              1      2013-09-14 08:31:13
BloodhoundSearchAdmin         1      2013-09-14 08:31:13
BloodhoundWidgets             2      2013-09-14 09:02:36
CamelCase                     2      2013-09-14 09:02:36

===

So, as you can see, wiki articles are there, a product and session are
there, but there is a ton of emptiness, emptiness that contradicts what the
Web UI shows.  The Web UI shows initial versions "2.0" and "1.0", initial
milestones, "milestone1", "milestone2" etc, and initial components,
"component1" and "component2".

However, it doesn't seem to be just a case of "trac-admin is connected to A
while the web UI is connected to B" either, because some things do come
through.  Well, when I created a wiki page, that showed up in trac-admin at
least.

Something definitely seems out of whack here.  Any ideas?  Any further
detail I can provide?  Seems to be doing this right out of the box.  I
didn't modify any config files or anything. I've tried wiping and starting
over several times and even on different machines with the same result.

The only thing that seemed concerning during installation was when I ran
"pip install requirements.txt".  Didn't seem like it was a critical error
though, and at the end it said it was successful.  Excerpt:

$ pip install -r requirements.txt
Unpacking /usr/local/bloodhound/trac
  Running setup.py egg_info for package from
file:///usr/local/bloodhound/trac
    warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'doc/logo.lineform'
    warning: no previously-included files found matching
'doc/2000ft.graffle'
    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found anywhere
in distribution
    genshi/_speedups.c:14:20: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or
directory
    compilation terminated.
    zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...

/usr/local/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/distribute-0.6.24-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/bdist_egg.py:431:
UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments
to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
      symbols = dict.fromkeys(iter_symbols(code))
    Genshi is needed by Trac setup, pre-installing
    WARNING:
    An optional C extension could not be compiled, speedups will not be
    available.
    command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

    Installed /tmp/pip-FhZu7E-build/Genshi-0.7-py2.7-linux-i686.egg

[...]

Successfully installed Pygments pytz sqlparse Babel Genshi
TracAccountManager TracThemeEngine TracPermRedirect Trac
BloodhoundMultiProduct BloodhoundDashboardPlugin BloodhoundTheme whoosh
BloodhoundSearchPlugin BloodhoundRelationsPlugin