bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Jared Duncan...@jdunk.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound installation issue(s)?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:05:26 GMT
Thanks Olemis.  Things are quite a bit clearer now.  The reason I had this
impression (that all permissions are global) was that I would choose
product A from the "Tickets" Dashboard and then click on "Admin" then
"Permissions" and then add a permission and then choose product B and then
there and it was.  I see now that there is a drop down at the very top to
switch between the different levels, which due to its isolated and distant
placement/location/position didn't scream to me it was related to the
particular page/section I was on/in.  Seemed to be more a part of the
global nav to me.

afaict , I'd never design (use) a multi-product system as complex as
> such approach you describe . Bloodhound MP architecture is aimed at
> encouraging sharing (when appropriate) and isolation (again when
> appropriate ;)

That's a great point and I agree, of course.  The user flow in the UI in
general--when it comes to jumping between products--does seem a little
bumpy/disjointed to me given one can't globally select a product and then
just be "in that product", ie it's stored in the session, until he/she logs
out or switches to another product.  I imagine that users switch between
admin/tickets/wiki for a particular product far more than they switch
between products -- I could be wrong, of course.  Usage stats would
probably be pretty telling.

I understand Bloodhound is very new though and so I'm glad to see like all
the functionality is in place and working pretty well; that's the important
part.  Looks like everyone has worked really hard and done a great job.  I
look forward to its continued adoption and improvement so that the odds of
it being accepted by other people climb higher every day.  :)