bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound installation issue(s)?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 06:14:40 GMT
On 9/17/13, Jared Duncan <j@jdunk.com> wrote:
> Ryan and Olemis, thank you very much!
[...]

Much in your comments has to be considered on the way forward to 1.0
release (maybe not the next one ... but hopefully coming soon ;)

> Also is there somewhere that clearly explains the n:m relationship between
> bloodhound installations, environments, products, wikis, and repositories?
>  e.g. "per bloodhound installation, there can be many environments,

yes

> each
> environment can have many products,

yes

> only one wiki per environment, shared
> by all products,"

no ... one wiki for global env and separate wiki page namespaces for
each product

> etc, and also at what level the UI operates exactly (eg
> "there is one UI per environment; multiple UIs can be set up for each
> bloodhound installation by running multiple tracd's and/or VirtualHost's").

you could serve a whole env + product tree hierarchy at once . For
instance , we run sub-domain deployments of Bloodhound (e.g.
blood-hound.net) . In that case :

  - there is a top level directory in the filesystem ...
  - ... containing sub-folders for each SLD (e.g. blood-hound.net et al.)
  - ... and each env containing products mapped onto sub-domains
    (e.g. dataviz.blood-hound.net)

of course you could implement a different setup . The architecture
[1]_ is very flexible when it comes to deployment so it's virtually
impossible to document all the combinations and supported scenarios .
Nevertheless it might be a good idea to write tutorials for common
cases .

> I'll start a new thread for my other main issue to keep things clean here.

+

[...]

.. [1] https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0003

--