bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound installation issue(s)?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 02:38:46 GMT
Hi Jared !

On 9/16/13, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Jared Duncan <j@jdunk.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello list.  Bloodhound looks fabulous and I'm very eager to use it, but
>> I'm facing some frustrating show-stoppers during the setup phase.  (I'll
>> keep it to just the main one in this email.)

Thanks for your interest in using Bloodhound .

[...]
>> Installed version 0.7 on Ubuntu and ran bloodhound_setup.py with
>> arguments
>> for sqlite, a project name, and an initial admin user.  Via tracd, the
>> Web
>> UI runs and through it, I can create wiki pages and tickets and
>> milestones.
>>
>> However, there seems to be a heavy disconnect between the data that
>> trac-admin sees and the data that the Web UI reads from / writes to.
>> Also,
>> what trac-admin sees seems to be missing quite a lot of the initial data
>> it
>> should have.

This is happening because of mapping Ā«globalĀ» URLs to resources in
default product . The different challenges and confusion this has
caused has been identified and the project have decided to get rid of
this redirection . These changes have been committed in /trunk and
should be ready in next release 0.8 (or whatever version comes next ;)
.

There are a few implications though . We are working on those atm.

>> For example, here is some output from trac-admin:

[...]
> Milestones, components, severities, etc are associated with products.

That is a fact ...

> Try:
>
> trac-admin $tracenv product admin @ milestone list

Two comments :

  - if a custom default product prefix is specified at installation time
    (which I'd recommend) then replace @ with <your_prefix>
  - In general product admin <prefix> <sub-comand> followed by a
    command will apply a TracAdmin command upon product resources
  - In 0.7 under certain conditions you could use the global environment as
    usual ...
    * ... and some resources may be still hosted by the global
      environment e.g. wiki , repositories

[...]
> We might consider providing a hint to the user when they execute
> "trac-admin $tracenv milestone list".

Default product redirections have been removed in /trunk . Why bother
with doing so ?
;)

--
Regards,