bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Joe Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: multiple projects -- how to create?
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 19:08:43 GMT

On 5 Aug 2013, at 19:45, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Felipe G. Nievinski <fgnievinski@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The webpage says:
>> Multiple Projects: Easily manage anything from your pet project to dozens of commercial
or open source products, and scale seamlessly in-between. The built-in Wiki allows you to
create proposals and store other information.
>> <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/>

Apologies, the text on the website should say "Products", not projects. That's because we've
focussed on building a great tool to manage software products, not just short term projects.

I will update that in the morning.

>> Could you please provide instructions for creating multiple projects?  I searched,
to no avail.

> In default installation , provided that user is granted with PRODUCT_ADMIN permission
, then browse to /products and you should see a button redirecting you to new product form
.

Just FYI, the default admin user you set up during the installation always has those permissions.

>> In what ways is Bloodhound's "Multiple Projects" feature more than what's available
in TRAC?

Trac doesn't support multiple products. Tickets are categorised by milestones, versions and
components.

In Apache Bloodhound you still have all of those objects, but each also belongs to a product.
Each product also has it's own wiki. That way you an divide work more easily and each product
has it's own roadmap. Permissions to view, create or modify tickets can also be assigned on
a per-product basis.

You can read more about our implementation of this here:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0003

Cheers,
Joe