bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiple projects -- how to create?
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 18:45:56 GMT
On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Felipe G. Nievinski
<fgnievinski@gmail.com>wrote:

> The webpage says:
> *Multiple Projects: Easily manage anything from your pet project to
> dozens of commercial or open source products, and scale seamlessly
> in-between. The built-in Wiki allows you to create proposals and store
> other information.*
> <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/>
>
> Could you please provide instructions for creating multiple projects?  I
> searched, to no avail.

In default installation , provided that user is granted with PRODUCT_ADMIN
permission , then browse to /products and you should see a button
redirecting you to new product form .

> In what ways is Bloodhound's "Multiple Projects" feature more than what's
> available in TRAC?

If you are looking for an example I recomend you to take a look at these
products

http://blood-hound.net/products

as you can see :

  1. they are all hosted by a single environment
  2. Products base URL is at a different sub-domain like in
edgewall.orgdeployment
      e.g. try http://<prefix>.blood-hound.net
  3. Resources can be grouped in different products exactly in the same
      you expect it to happen in this reference multi-env deployment [1]_
      but inside the same DB
  4. separate admin for products (including trac-admin product admin
<prefix> ...
      commands)
  5. per-product permissions
  6. TRAC_ADMIN vs PRODUCT_ADMIN