bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_har...@baxter.com>
Subject User Account Creation required for ticket assignment even though LDAP auth enabled?
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 23:39:18 GMT
Hi,

I've set up Apache Bloodhound on a Windows Server 2008 box using Apache web server as the
front end and PostgreSQL as the backend.

I've enabled LDAP authentication/authorization using mod_authnz_ldap and mod_ldap.  I can
log in.  The LDAP server is MS AD.  I created my first ticket and tried assigning it to someone
else.  I used the person's sAMAccount as the new assignee.  Bloodhound indicated that the
user does not exist.

Since auth is being handled by the web server, I have a feeling that I will have to add every
AD user via the Admin section.

Does this mean that I have to go into the Admin section and create an individual user account
for this person and every subsequent person afterward?  I hope not.

-        Chris Harris
The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this message
to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer