bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhond Instalation and Configuration CentOS 6.4
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 16:58:54 GMT
I prefer to recommend installation as a user without admin privileges
which is partly the reason for using virtualenv - that and it means that
you can have python programs with conflicting package requirements by
doing this. Any accidental installation outside of an activated
virtualenv - and particularly as root or similar - will install to the
system instead.

So, your choices here would be one of:

 1. install all the packages as admin
 2. use pip to uninstall the system packages that were introduced
 3. don't worry too much about the system packages that were
    accidentally installed but still try to make sure that the
    virtualenv packages are used in preference to system packages

Actually it is possible to combine options 2 and 3 - it would make
things a bit more robust against other accidental installation events.

If you want to go down this route you will still need to work out
whether you have the right python-path. It seems likely that it would be
correct but you should confirm to yourself that
/var/www/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/lib/python2.6/site-packages
does actually exist and it may be worth checking all the other paths to
various files are correct.

Something else that springs to mind here is that the VirtualHost setup
that we suggest also sets user=bloodhound for the WSGIDaemonProcess. I
believe this user (or whatever user you have replaced it with) needs to
have appropriate access to the installed files. There are notes to this
effect in
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundInstall#WebServer

I'll try to get some notes together unless someone beats me to it!

Cheers,
     Gary