bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Adding a git repository
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2013 19:43:42 GMT
On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Tim Tisdall <tisdall@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you tell me what kind of value is stored in the $REV variable?  I
> guess in SVN it's the revision number and for git it would be the revision
> hash?

It looks like the post-receive hook is being passed via stdin a list of
references to be updated, and for each of those references the hash of the
old and new rev is provided. So you need to iterate over all of the
references, for each of the references get the list of revisions that are
being pushed, and then call `trac-admin $TRACENV changeset added $REPOS
rev1 rev2 ....`

Since Trac hasn't provided a post-receive hook yet (1), it looks like the
easiest option might be to use see if the hook (2) on the older GitPlugin
page (which was integrated into Trac for v1.0) still works.

(1) http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/10730
(2)
http://trac-hacks.org/attachment/wiki/GitPlugin/trac-post-receive-hook-0.12-new-commits-from-all-branches.py