bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multi-product components?
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 15:52:29 GMT
Hi Tim !

On 6/5/13, Tim Tisdall <tisdall@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure where something is going wrong or what's by design so I'll
> just describe what I've done and hopefully it will become apparent.
>
> I added 2 products under the Apps > Products .  I then went to add
> components under Apps > Admin > Components.  That screen just gives two
> fields which is "Name" and "Owner".  I assumed that "Owner" was a
> particular user account as the initial content had components with the
> owner "somebody" (if I remember correctly).  I don't see any where that I
> can input what component goes with what product either on the components or
> products screens.
>
> When creating a ticket I can choose any combination of Product and
> Component and there's no restrictions.

When creating components and other resources (e.g. wiki pages) they
are bound to the current product context . In default Bloodhound
installations it's determined by product prefix immediately after
/products in URL e.g. product=myproduct in
/products/myproduct/admin/ticket/component .

In most recent versions you may also add components using trac-admin this way

{{{
#!sh

$ trac-admin /path/to/bh/env product admin myproduct component add
mycomponent theowner

}}}

... but maybe this is off-topic because it seems you are running 0.5.3
. Multi-product support in trunk should be improved with respect to
what we offered in 0.5.x . New release  coming soon including such
changes.

--
Regards,

Olemis.