bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Tim Tisdall <tisd...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding a git repository
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 15:12:10 GMT
I'm new to both Bloodhound and Trac so am having a little bit of difficulty
fully understanding how things work.  I've had to try to piece things
together from a combination of the documentation but I'm a little confused.

I've added "tracopt.versioncontrol.git.* = enabled" to [components]to be
able to add a git repository.  I then added a repo through the menus Apps >
Admin > Repositories.  I'm given a message that I should run 'trac-admin
$ENV repository resync "access_point"'  (which I did), but this seems to be
done automatically whether I run that command or not.  I'm also told 'You
should also set up a post-commit hook on the repository to call trac-admin
$ENV changeset added "access_point" $REV for each committed changeset.'.
 Here's where I'm having the problem...

My understanding is that Trac used to ping the repo on each page load to
see if a change occurred but that was changed to use a hook to reduce all
the unnecessary calls. (makes sense)  However, I tried committing a change
to the repo and it seems to have been reflected in the web interface
automatically.  So, is the default in Bloodhound to automatically ping the
repo on each page load because I haven't incorporated the hook yet?

As for adding the hook...  I have no idea what the $REV part of the hook
should be.  Is that actually an environment variable set by git?  Also, the
Bloodhound message said to add a hook to post-commit, but the TracGit
documentation mentions adding a post-receive hook.  I'm not really sure how
they differ with respect to Trac/Bloodhound's functionality.

-Tim