bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Antonia Horincar <antonia.horin...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC] Accepted proposal - Bloodhound: Embeddable tickets/objects
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 15:55:33 GMT
Hi,

I was accepted as a GSoC student for Bloodhound, more specifically for
the project Creating embeddable tickets/objects. I am very eager to
start documenting myself about Bloodhound and the technologies I will
be using for this project.

My idea for this project was using the RestOnTrac plugin for
interacting with objects on external sources and possibly reusing the
existing implementation for widgets on Bloodhound in order to embed
the objects. On the front-end side, the embedding will be done with
'iframe' tags. By using JavaScript, I will implement a feature which
will generate a HTML code containing information about the embeddable
resource.

If anyone has some tips on where should I start from, what
documentation should I first read in order to get more knowledge about
the structure of Bloodhound, that would be more than helpful to me.

Also, Olemis, could you give me a more in-depth description of the
RestOnTrac plugin and maybe tell me what should I do in order to
understand how each of its components works?

Thanks,
Antonia