bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gary Martin <>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #77: Wrong version of bootstrap in dashboard plugins
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 18:16:38 GMT
Looking again, I spotted that this was discussed in - I have not fully 
examined the reasons for the patch and whether we should forward the 
patch to bootstrap but that still leaves us with the discrepancy.

So, is the change really required? Can we revert to the unmodified 
bootstrap and adjust our approach?

If the change is required, is it overkill to create a vendor branch so 
that we can keep track of the limited changes?


On 06/13/2012 01:33 PM, Gary Martin wrote:
> Hi,
> I am about to start committing the patches that Olemis provided for 
> but as there are 
> apparently differences creeping in between the vanilla bootstrap code 
> and our version, it might be worth discussing here.
> I don't think that this needs to delay work on the original ticket and 
> any required changes can be raised as new tickets.
> Cheers,
>     Gary
> On 06/13/2012 01:24 PM, Apache Bloodhound wrote:
>> #77: Wrong version of bootstrap in dashboard plugins
>> ------------------------+-------------------------------------
>>    Reporter:  gjm        |      Owner:  olemis
>>        Type:  defect     |     Status:  accepted
>>    Priority:  critical   |  Milestone:  RC1 for initial release
>>   Component:  dashboard  |    Version:
>> Resolution:             |   Keywords:
>> ------------------------+-------------------------------------
>> Comment (by gjm):
>>   Interesting. It is good that the radio behaviour for buttons 
>> problem was
>>   pointed out as it highlights another aspect of how I am not sure 
>> things
>>   are quite being done right.
>>   In particular, I would prefer that we did not have any custom 
>> changes to
>>   bootstrap of any kind so that there is a lower chance of making a 
>> mistake
>>   on each upgrade of bootstrap. If it turns out that custom changes are
>>   unavoidable, I would probably go with the vendor branch approach so 
>> that
>>   it is easier to spot how our copy of bootstrap is patched.
>>   In the meantime I will probably commit the patches from Olemis in the
>>   current form and we can raise new tickets to deal with any resulting
>>   issues.

View raw message