bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Olaf Flebbe ...@oflebbe.de>
Subject Re: Build on Debian Wheezy/Jessie
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2017 13:30:40 GMT
Hi,

 there are many reasons for not supporting wheezy any more. Nevertheless, patches for building
and installing protobuf from source are wellcome.

olaf

> Am 09.03.2017 um 07:58 schrieb sahil aggarwal <sahil.agg15@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> Bigtop currently support build for Jessie but not for Wheezy. While i was trying to build
hbase for wheezy and installing the toolchain, i found that some package was breaking the
package dependency chain.

> The culprit seems to be protobuf-2.5 installation which is done by installing Ubuntu
deb on Debian.  While it works for Jessie it breaks for wheezy. Removing it from the toolchain
installed the toolchain successfully and build worked fine.

> QQ:
>
> * If protobuf-2.5 is not available on wheezy/jessie shouldn't we just build and install
it from the source when its so trivial instead of installing cross dist deb ?