bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Evans Ye <evan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem standing up docker cluster
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 15:20:31 GMT
No. Currently you can not directly run Docker Provisioner on non-Linux
system. Although we planned to support that, it turns out quite buggy
integrating with Vagrant to achieve that goal.

I'm working on swarm to fix that. But it's just another wrapper to create a
VM for you and put containers on top of it.
There will be a better solution, which is Docker's native support in OSX
and Windows, let's wait and see how things going. :)

Two options here:
1. Use VM Provisioner instead. (bigtop/bigtop-deploy/vagrant-puppet-vm)
2. Create a VM.

Thanks,
Evans