bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Olaf Flebbe ...@oflebbe.de>
Subject Re: new bigtop website
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 17:17:56 GMT
Hi Cos,

Of course anyone need permission to use trademark logos.

The point is not logos itself. What is the message we want to share ?

Bigtop should not claim that any entity is a downstream user of bigtop. We do not know for
sure.
The downstream user itself should agree to be named here. I can live with the section "powered
by" in the current website.
That page has a very differentiated view.  Maybe we can reuse this page optically pimped.

I am very ok if Nate ask entities, if they approve to be named .

Maybe the Mission statement can be made clear:

To provide a generic build system for a vanilla distribution of Apache Hadoop ecosystem projects,
integrating other components early.

Olaf