bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new bigtop website
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 22:23:15 GMT
I guess we all are, but following Olaf's implicit stance on it: I won't give a
rat-ass if we have logs or links or just words in this section.  Sure, it
won't look as pretty, but linking isn't against the law ;)

Cos

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 03:16PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> What if we ask nicely?  ;-)
>
> I know enough folks at all these companies to be able to start a
> conversation. Should I?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Olaf Flebbe <of@oflebbe.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Ok, let me say it straight:
> >
> > Hortonworks is not mentioned there and cloudera is only claimed for CDH4 based on
bigtop.
> > As far as I stumbled over the artifact naming of current CDH5, they at least heavily
modified the build process since.

> > Both are using a package called bigtop-utils for instance, but does that "qualify"
them to be mentioned as downstream users?

> > Olaf
> >
> >> Am 17.05.2016 um 20:23 schrieb Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org>:
> >>
> >> If I am not mistaken, the new version of the page is based of
> >>    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Powered+By+Bigtop
> >>
> >> which was populated by the 'powered-by' projects themselves. So, yes - we know
> >> for sure. Besides, a simple look into vendors' package dependencies shows the
> >> foot-print of Bigtop all over the place.
> >>
> >> But I am fine with your proposed wording, although we are providing more than
> >> just build. Runtime as well ie bigtop-utils, etc.
> >>
> >>  Cos

We
That

 Do we