bigtop-user mailing list archives

From <n...@reactor8.com>
Subject RE: new bigtop website
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 21:31:44 GMT
Updated with the ibm power icon provided.  We will probably want to use a larger or more production
ready one when we publish, icon started pretty small

From: MrAsanjar . [mailto:afsanjar@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2016 10:12 AM
To: user@bigtop.apache.org
Subject: Re: new bigtop website

Looks good, but wrong icon for Power architecture, could we use:

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 10:16 AM, Olaf Flebbe <of@oflebbe.de <mailto:of@oflebbe.de>
> wrote:

Hi,

of course we should do. My whole point is not to use logos without asking for permission.
Do you think we can get quotes like  like "Apache Bigtop is great, because ... " that will
be top!

Olaf

> Am 19.05.2016 um 00:16 schrieb Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org <mailto:roman@shaposhnik.org>
>:
>
> What if we ask nicely?  ;-)
>
> I know enough folks at all these companies to be able to start a
> conversation. Should I?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Olaf Flebbe <of@oflebbe.de <mailto:of@oflebbe.de>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ok, let me say it straight:
>>
>> Hortonworks is not mentioned there and cloudera is only claimed for CDH4 based on
bigtop.
>> As far as I stumbled over the artifact naming of current CDH5, they at least heavily
modified the build process since.

>> Both are using a package called bigtop-utils for instance, but does that "qualify"
them to be mentioned as downstream users?

>> Olaf
>>
>>> Am 17.05.2016 um 20:23 schrieb Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org <mailto:cos@apache.org>
>:
>>>
>>> If I am not mistaken, the new version of the page is based of
>>>   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Powered+By+Bigtop
>>>
>>> which was populated by the 'powered-by' projects themselves. So, yes - we know
>>> for sure. Besides, a simple look into vendors' package dependencies shows the
>>> foot-print of Bigtop all over the place.
>>>
>>> But I am fine with your proposed wording, although we are providing more than
>>> just build. Runtime as well ie bigtop-utils, etc.
>>>
>>> Cos

 Do we

 As we