bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Olaf Flebbe ...@oflebbe.de>
Subject Re: new bigtop website
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 20:49:34 GMT
Hi Nate,

I like the design very much! The big tents are very good!

But I would refrain from using the logos in the "powered by" section.  Do we have have permissions
to use these trademarks? AFAIK we do not.

Olaf

> Am 16.05.2016 um 22:12 schrieb nate@reactor8.com:
>
> Hello Bigtoppers,
>
> During some downtime I rekindled the effort for new site for the project.  I based the
initial design on ideas flushed out mid/late last year and borrowing from the bigtop flyer
we have been using the past 12+ months at various events, as well as the workshop site/content
I setup for some past conference related events.  As such, the content is all in flux, including
menu at top, this is meant to get the ball rolling

> Initial rev of design and homepage mock can be found here:
>
> http://kaiyzen.github.io/bigtop/
>
> It is currently setup as a github pages project.  Given some feedback on the list ways
back with asf supporting it, and the great tooling around Jekyll, figured it was easiest for
my dev and collaboration efforts.  As we get things finalized we can decide how the group
wants to manage/host the new site

> I am keeping notes that anyone who is interested in helping on content can add to:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Bigtop+Website+Notes+and+Ideas
>
> Most important I feel will be the Getting Started content which should fill in the average
user(s) to carry out a lot of common tasks, centralizing the details.

> I will update the old jira item with relevant content updates and we can use that for
tracking the finer details and delivery.  The rest of this week will be some minor tweaks
to design and fixing some cross browser and mobile related layout issues (mobile friendly
on day 1 is the goal), as well as starting to flush out the template/framework for getting
started content