bigtop-user mailing list archives

From <n...@reactor8.com>
Subject RE: new bigtop website
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 23:43:08 GMT
Added linked jira to website to track any logo efforts.  Roman, left @ comment for you on it
to drop any update there if you ping any contacts you have.

Here is website jira:

Will continue to put updates there and add more linked items as needed

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Boudnik [mailto:cos@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:23 PM
To: user@bigtop.apache.org; dev@bigtop.apache.org
Subject: Re: new bigtop website

I guess we all are, but following Olaf's implicit stance on it: I won't give a rat-ass if
we have logs or links or just words in this section.  Sure, it won't look as pretty, but linking
isn't against the law ;)

Cos

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 03:16PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> What if we ask nicely?  ;-)
>
> I know enough folks at all these companies to be able to start a
> conversation. Should I?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Olaf Flebbe <of@oflebbe.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Ok, let me say it straight:
> >
> > Hortonworks is not mentioned there and cloudera is only claimed for CDH4 based on
bigtop.
> > As far as I stumbled over the artifact naming of current CDH5, they at least heavily
modified the build process since.

> > Both are using a package called bigtop-utils for instance, but does that "qualify"
them to be mentioned as downstream users?

> > Olaf
> >
> >> Am 17.05.2016 um 20:23 schrieb Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org>:
> >>
> >> If I am not mistaken, the new version of the page is based of
> >>
> >> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Powered+By+Bigto
> >>
> >> which was populated by the 'powered-by' projects themselves. So,
> >> yes - we know for sure. Besides, a simple look into vendors'
> >> package dependencies shows the foot-print of Bigtop all over the place.
> >>
> >> But I am fine with your proposed wording, although we are providing
> >> more than just build. Runtime as well ie bigtop-utils, etc.
> >>
> >>  Cos

But I'm not a lawyer.

in most conversations, and presentation q&a's is