bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: adding new deployment metadata files to bigtop
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 14:56:54 GMT
Hi Nate.

Thanks for the decision to share the work you've been doing and help this
community to advance. I want to clarify a couple of questions here:
- the metadata files are presumably getting executed by some sort of external
  engine doing actual orchestration work, right? These files are, please
  forgive me for the lack of the better word or analogy, carry the
  function of topology map, and the actual installation/configuration of the
  nodes is still done by the good ol' Puppet. Is this correct?
- with these files in place, how one can benefit from them? Is there a service
  that allow to plug them in? Or an orchestration engine, that could be ran on
  my laptop (or else)? Basically, I am trying to figure out what other pieces
  will be there and how they all get together.

In general, I am very fond of having an orchestration in Bigtop, done one way
or another.

Thanks!
  Cos