bigtop-user mailing list archives

From David Starina <david.star...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot start Ignite
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 18:26:48 GMT
This is a followup on my previous mail about installation of Bigtop with
Ignite. As Cos figured out, Ignite is trying to install some weird
dependancies. I could not install it on CentOS 7, so I tried CentOS 6.6. It
seemed to install all the dependancies there, but still got an error about
Ignite service not being recognized:

*/sbin/service ignite-hadoop-service start' returned 1:
ignite-hadoop-service: unrecognized service*
So I checked and, while "ignite-hadoop-service" doesn't exist as a service,
"ignite-hadoop" does.
However, trying to start it, I get another error:

*# service ignite-hadoop start/etc/init.d/ignite-hadoop: line 37: .:
/etc/default/: is a directorybash: --config: command not foundFailed to
start . Return value: 3                          [FAILED]*
So this is where I am stuck now ... Have you guys installed Ignite
successfully?

--David