bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: secured cluster with docker
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 16:33:56 GMT
I believe docker shouldn't be any different from a normal puppet deployment.
And for that, you should be able to trigger the secured provisioning by simply
setting

  hadoop::hadoop_security_authentication: "kerberos"
  hadoop::kerberos_realm: "your.realm.com"

in the site.yaml file. There could be a few more, just check
    bigtop-deploy/puppet/hieradata/bigtop/cluster.yaml
under "# Kerberos" section

Cos

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 08:56AM, Sergey Soldatov wrote:
> Hi Olaf,
> It would be nice to have full software stack (hadoop, hbase, hive at
> least). I've seen kerberos configuration for puppets modules, but not
> sure how to enable it in docker deployment.
>
> Thanks,
> Sergey
>
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 1:37 AM, Olaf Flebbe <of@oflebbe.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What do you understand about a "secured" cluster ? More than "Hadoop in secure mode"
with a full software stack enabled securely configured kerberos?