bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Olaf Flebbe ...@oflebbe.de>
Subject Re: Dependency cycle issue during puppet deployment
Date Sun, 20 Dec 2015 19:04:38 GMT
Hi Carsten,

Sorry to chime in so late ...

The 1.0 Version has some problems especially on Debian.

The current git should work much better.

May I point you to the relevant part of the documentation in order to setup up puppet currectly
 ?
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+build+Bigtop-trunk

For your usecase you should follow the "not recommended" way of seting up the environment.
The "puppetize.sh" script should setup all versions of packages starting from a minimal debian
(in fact of all minimal linux distros) correctly. Please post if this still does not work
for you.

Olaf

> Am 13.12.2015 um 17:33 schrieb Evans Ye <evansye@apache.org>:
>
> We're running debian-8 deployment on docker everyday, and it seems working properly:
> http://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Deployment/job/Bigtop-Docker-provisioner-debian-8/43/console
>
> The puppet version is the one came from debian apt repo:
> puppet_version=3.7.2
>
> So I wonder what's your environment?

> In my opinion there are the following possible causes of the puppet problem:
> 1) puppet version specific (puppet 3.7.4)
> 2) debian 8 stock puppet build specific
> 3) manifest code specific (manifest code incompatible with puppet version/this puppet
debian built)

> My puppet knowledge is not deep enough to make a good guess. But I can say for sure that
the Debian testing puppet build works. I tested it many times now :-)