bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject CI improvements [Was: The state of new CI]
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2015 20:34:34 GMT
Guys,

I've been trying to replicate our CI elsewhere and here's a couple of
observations and proposed fixes that might do such things easier in the
future.

1. Running build as root inside of the docker container.

   This seems like a real issue, especially considering that we have always
   advocated to stay away from such practice. Unfortunately, adding
    -u jenkins:jenkins
   to docker run snags on a couple of points

2. Shared Gradle directory shouldn't belong to root, or at least should be
writable for everyone.

   This is covered in BIGTOP-2171 (appreciate the review) and has caused user
   confusions like BIGTOP-2184

3. One perhaps last issue here is the discrepancy between the user ids, where
jenkins on centos and ubuntu have different UID (BIGTOP-2187)

I think with these three in place, we should be able to start using
un-privileged user for the builds and also for the cluster testing.

Thoughts?
  Cos