bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bigtop 1.0.0 puppet deployment ignite-hadoop service startup issue
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2015 02:28:25 GMT
On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 09:24PM, Carsten Maul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use the 1.0.0 release. I think this is just e minor glitch not affecting
> the final installation, am I correct?

Yes you would just need to start the service manually. The issue has been fixed on trunk by

commit bf67f6e5bf72934c577f2eeaabe063aff3a9ca99
Author: Olaf Flebbe <of@oflebbe.de>
Date:   Tue Oct 27 22:17:00 2015 +0100

    BIGTOP-2097. cleaning up the ignite-service

Hope it helps,
  Cos

> Carsten
>

> > Am 12.12.2015 um 01:29 schrieb Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org>:
> >
> > Are you using 1.0.0 release or building from the master? Or else? We have seen
> > this issue before, but it should've been fixed actually
> >
> > Cos
> >
> > On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 11:26PM, Carsten Maul wrote:
> >> Hi again :-)
> >>
> >> I have a new possible bug. During puppet deployment on Debian 8 with puppet
> >> 3.8.4 the ignote-hadoop service can not be started. The following error is
> >> beeing displayed:
> >>
> >> Error: Could not start Service[ignite-hadoop-service]: Execution of '/usr/sbin/service
ignite-hadoop-service start' returned 6: Failed to start ignite-hadoop-service.service: Unit
ignite-hadoop-service.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
> >> Error: /Stage[main]/Ignite_hadoop::Deploy/Ignite_hadoop::Server[ignite-hadoop-node]/Service[ignite-hadoop-service]/ensure:
change from stopped to running failed: Could not start Service[ignite-hadoop-service]: Execution