bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bigtop repo for Ubuntu (Trusty) packages
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 06:27:17 GMT
On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 02:03PM, Sam Stoelinga wrote:
> I'm a noob with all these Java related build tools but will give it a try.
> Just confirming: you're saying there is no ppa or public repo that I can
> just simply add to /etc/apt/repos.d?

Yes, there's. The file you pointed initially is the repo file. Just download
and drop
    http://www.apache.org/dist/bigtop/bigtop-1.0.0/repos/trusty/bigtop.list

into /etc/apt/sources.list.d/, followed by 'apt-get update' and you'll have
the packages available for install. Then do whatever the Ansible is doing (I
have no idea how that works though). The reason you're getting permission
denied on those pages as because these directories  aren't configured for
web-browsing.

You can build your own repo as Jay suggested, but if you're ok with the
composition of release 1.0 - just use the ready repo.

Hope it helps,
  Cos