bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dependency cycle issue during puppet deployment
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 18:23:55 GMT
What Puppet are you on? The reason I am asking is because I personally do the
deployment on Ubuntu all the time (not with Vagrant, but just by running
puppet apply) and it works like a charm.

Thanks,
  Cos

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 04:43PM, Carsten Maul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I do a bigtop deployment via puppet I get an dependency cycle for apt_update:
>
> Error: Could not apply complete catalog: Found 1 dependency cycle:
> (Anchor[apt::source::Bigtop] => Apt::Source[Bigtop] => Exec[apt_update] => Class[Apt::Update]
=> Anchor[apt::source::Bigtop])

> The origin of the dependency deployment is the file bigtop-deploy/puppet/manifests/site.pp,
line 57, which belongs to a code block that is responsible to add the bigtop repository to
apt:

> Apt::Source<||> -> Exec['apt_update'] -> Package<||>
>
> If I remove this line, the dependency cycle error is gone. Unfortunately, I have to add
the bigtop repository and update apt by myself in this case.