bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Carsten Maul <carsten_m...@gmx.de>
Subject Dependency cycle issue during puppet deployment
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 15:43:56 GMT
Hi,

if I do a bigtop deployment via puppet I get an dependency cycle for apt_update:

Error: Could not apply complete catalog: Found 1 dependency cycle:
(Anchor[apt::source::Bigtop] => Apt::Source[Bigtop] => Exec[apt_update] => Class[Apt::Update]
=> Anchor[apt::source::Bigtop])

The origin of the dependency deployment is the file bigtop-deploy/puppet/manifests/site.pp,
line 57, which belongs to a code block that is responsible to add the bigtop repository to
apt:

Apt::Source<||> -> Exec['apt_update'] -> Package<||>

If I remove this line, the dependency cycle error is gone. Unfortunately, I have to add the
bigtop repository and update apt by myself in this case.

Any suggestions how to fix this without disabling the statement?

Kind regards

Carsten