bigtop-user mailing list archives

From David Starina <david.star...@gmail.com>
Subject Installation errors
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2015 19:07:40 GMT
Hi,

I have tried to create a VM-based Hadoop cluster (is the Docker
installation complete/stable? On the Bigtop website it said it is a work in
progress, so I decided to go with the VM-based installation for now),
following this guide:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Bigtop+Provisioner+User+Guide

Made the following changes to vagrantconfig.yaml, left everything else at
default (CentOS 7 installation):

*memory_size: 3072*
*num_instances: 2*
*components: [hadoop, yarn, mahout, spark, ycsb]*
Vagrant seemed to get a lot of the things right, but it did end with an
error. Can you help me with that? I copied the errors (and one warning)
that I got:

*==> bigtop1: sed: can't read /etc/sysconfig/rngd: No such file or
directory==> bigtop1: Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start  rngd.service==>
bigtop1: Redirecting to /bin/systemctl stop  iptables.service==> bigtop1:
Failed to issue method call: Unit iptables.service not loaded.==> bigtop1:
error reading information on service iptables: No such file or directory==>
bigtop1: Warning: The use of 'import' is deprecated at
/tmp/vagrant-puppet/manifests-f76206f1841b10444f0cea13160540f3/site.pp:71.
See http://links.puppetlabs.com/puppet-import-deprecation
<http://links.puppetlabs.com/puppet-import-deprecation>==> bigtop1:    (at
/usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/parser/parser_support.rb:110:in
`import')==> bigtop1: Error: Could not update: Execution of '/bin/yum -d 0
-e 0 -y list ycsb' returned 1: Error: No matching Packages to list==>
bigtop1: Error: /Stage[main]/Ycsb::Client/Package[ycsb]/ensure: change from
absent to latest failed: Could not update: Execution of '/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0
-y list ycsb' returned 1: Error: No matching Packages to listThe SSH
command responded with a non-zero exit status. Vagrantassumes that this
means the command failed. The output for this commandshould be in the log
above. Please read the output to determine whatwent wrong.*

It seems the biggest error is the YCBS is not available (should any of the
other errors worry me?). What did I do wrong - is YCBS no longer available
in Bigtop? It is on the list of effective values that the guide links to.

Best regards,
David