bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Evans Ye <evan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The state of new CI
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 17:28:46 GMT
Thank you all for the kind and warm words!

> 1) Would it be possible to run this on port 80 instead of port 8080?

This is piece of cake by leveraging Docker. Its on 80 now. :)
http://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/

> 2) Is the setup/configuration of this Jenkins server documented/scripted
> somewhere ...

Yup, I really should get this done!
Sorry I haven't got time to put a polished doc for jenkins setup on our
wiki.
But I did log down all the steps in my evernote.
Should be easy to roll our a version for you. :)

And Cos is right, what I've done have nothing to do with ci/jenkins groovy
scripts.
I don't have time to investigate them because of time limitation set by old
CI master retirement...
Despite that, I tend to use simple commands for jobs setup in new CI, hence
it's not to hard for you to replicate by looking into job definition
directly. I'll write details in the doc.
Anyhow, I think it's much better to use our gradle system for automation to
run any bigtop functions. With this simplicity users won't need to write
any hard-to read code in Jenkins commands.

Cos,
I'm still stuck on BIGTOP-2110, which is to fix packages build random
failure.
Since you're much familiar to gradle, do you have a better idea to cache
gradle packages inside container?

Evans