bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Evans Ye <evan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Installation errors
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 03:11:56 GMT
Hi David,

Nothing special we deal with the firewall issue. We just turn it off.
You can find the following shell code in vagrant-puppet-vm/Vagrantfile:

69 service iptables stop
70 chkconfig iptables off

We don't do firewall setting in Puppet because that's much more related to
infrastructure instead of Hadoop.
If you have managed firewall device across the whole DC, then we don't need
iptables.

Now, for the patch, It seems that we need to determine the OS before taking
action.
I suggest you refer to bigtop/bigtop_toolchain/bin/puppetize.sh, which did
a great job on that.

Evans