bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The state of new CI
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 23:00:00 GMT
On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 02:51PM, Jonathan Kelly wrote:
> Very cool. Thanks a lot, Evans!
>
> BTW, two things:
>
> 1) Would it be possible to run this on port 80 instead of port 8080?
> Amazon's corporate firewall blocks outbound port 8080, so we can't view
> this CI while on the corporate network.

Shouldn't be a big deal. Evans, what do you think?

> 2) Is the setup/configuration of this Jenkins server documented/scripted
> somewhere in such a way that we might be able to duplicate it internally?
> We on EMR would really love to be able to have a Jenkins setup that more
> closely mirrors what the community is doing so that we can be sure that
> patches that we would like to contribute back are not going to break
> upstream.

We have an initial scripting work done under bigtop-ci/jenkins/, but I believe
it is quite behind of what we have today. Perhaps, the faster route is to copy
the jobs and Jenkins configs from ci.bigtop.a.o to your internal server?
Ideally, it'd be great to finish the groovy generation script to reflect the
current CI setup.

Cos