bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Evans Ye <evan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: vagrant output_ dir
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:30:12 GMT
Allow me to reply this in bigtop user list as well.

The question is:

Do you have an example conf for the following to point to Ubuntu with local
apt repo?

docker-provisioner - Provision a Bigtop cluster on Docker container(s).
Default to CentOS and 1 node.

To answer this question precisely, Bigtop does not support ubuntu docker
container deployment out of the box. If you only need to try out apt
packages deployment on docker. We've debian instead. Just as what jay said,
there're just two steps to do so:

1).
$ vim ./bigtop-deploy/vm/vagrant-puppet-docker/vagrantconfig_debian.yaml
set enable_local_repo to true
2).
$ ./gradlew -Pconfig=vagrantconfig_debian.yaml docker-provisioner

To give a slightly deeper view into this, the reason why bigtop don't
support ubuntu container is just because there's no ubuntu base image that
have vagrant ssh key inserted for vagrant to control container status. What
we've now are centos-6 and debian-8:
https://hub.docker.com/r/bigtop/deploy/tags/
I plan to provide full OS support for bigtop/deploy images so that users
can build and test in container with the above one-liner.

Now, if you'd like to test your ubuntu packages, you can use the bigtop VM
provisioner. The downside of this is that you can't do provisioning on
cloud environment such as EC2 since its already a VM. This way also have
just 2 steps:

1).
$ cd bigtop-deploy/vm/vagrant-puppet-vm
$ vim vagrantconfig.yaml