bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Olaf Flebbe ...@oflebbe.de>
Subject Re: Questions about debian build and packages
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 13:59:42 GMT
Hi,

Please refer to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+build+Bigtop

The packaging is not debian conforming since we need a special environment installed with
"gradlew toolchain."

The Source DEB files will be assembled by packages.gradle

> Am 12.08.2015 um 00:49 schrieb Fabio <fabio@pirola.org>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am a new bigtop user and I am trying to create my docker image from
> **scratch** based on debian-testing and bigtop (I see that you have
> publish docker images but I prefer to create a new one from my own).
> I wrote a simple wiki in order to create a debian-testing docker image
> from scratch.
> Please find:
>  - in attachment debug log from my docker image;
>  - a little wiki in the bottom of the email.
>
> I have two questions:
>
>  1. How can I create debian packages? I searched with "find . -type f
> -name *.deb" but I have not found anything

The packaging.gradle assembles sdeb files with are used with debuild .

>  2. I found warnings in the build log file:
>       Warning: Waiting for output; will sleep 0.0 seconds
>       Warning: Waiting for output; will sleep 0.5 seconds
>       Warning: Could not get output
>     Is it something strange happened or is it okay?

There are a few place where this can happen but only for tenth's of seconds, since invoked
commands will sometimes work a bit longer.

> Thanks for your work
> Regards
>
> Fabio
>

> ***
> # Instructions
>
> ## Create docker image
> 1. Install Linux container
> # apt-get install lxc
>
> 2. Install a Debian base system into debian-testing subdirectory
> # debootstrap testing debian-testing/ http://http.debian.net/debian/
> Note: to locate a mirror near you, see the list of [Debian worldwide
> mirror sites](https://www.debian.org/mirror/list).
> Note-2: it is possible to include packages using debootstrap but I found
> an error with the following command (I will analyze&open a bug report to
> debian project)
> # debootstrap
> --include=aptitude,htop,iotop,sudo,puppet,curl,gradle,git,maven,openjdk-7-jdk,openjdk-7-jre,libxslt1-dev,libkrb5-dev,libldap2-dev,libmysqlclient-dev,libsasl2-dev,libsqlite3-dev,libxml2-dev,python-dev,python-setuptools,liblzo2-dev,libzip-dev,libfuse-dev,libssl-dev,build-essential,dh-make,debhelper,devscripts,reprepro
> testing debian-testing/ http://http.debian.net/debian/
>
> 3. Create tar archive
> # cd debian-testing && tar cf ../debian-testing.tar .
>
> 4. Create an empty filesystem image and import the contents of the tarball
> # cd .. && docker import - debian:testing-bigtop < debian-testing.tar
>
> 5. Check image has been correctly imported
> $ docker images
> REPOSITORY          TAG                 IMAGE ID            CREATED
>        VIRTUAL SIZE
> debian              testing-bigtop      907580971b7e        9 seconds
> ago       283.2 MB
>
> 6. A simple run test
> $ docker run -i -t debian:testing-bigtop /bin/bash
> root@a855d3b5e5b9:/# uname -a
> Linux a855d3b5e5b9 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt11-1
> (2015-05-24) x86_64 GNU/Linux
>

> ## Install Bigtop on docker image
> 1. Open docker image
> $ docker run -i -t debian:testing-bigtop /bin/bash
>
> 2. Resynchronize the package index files && install the newest versions
> of all packages currently installed on the system
> root@6f1894cdcbee:/# apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
>
> 3. Install all dependencies
> root@6f1894cdcbee:/# apt-get install aptitude htop iotop sudo puppet
> curl gradle git maven openjdk-7-jdkopenjdk-7-jre libxslt1-dev
> libkrb5-dev libldap2-dev libmysqlclient-dev libsasl2-dev libsqlite3-dev
> libxml2-dev python-dev python-setuptools liblzo2-dev libzip-dev
> libfuse-dev libssl-dev build-essential dh-make debhelper devscripts reprepro

It should be sufficient to install curl and openjdk-7-jre-headless (the gradle dependencies).