bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Fabio <fa...@pirola.org>
Subject Re: Questions about debian build and packages
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 23:56:02 GMT
Hi Olaf,

Il 12/08/2015 15:59, Olaf Flebbe ha scritto:
> Please refer to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+build+Bigtop
Thanks for the link.
I found a page "Building Bigtop on Ubuntu"
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Building+Bigtop+on+Ubuntu)
that probably it needs some update.
For example:
  - advice to use http://www.apache.org/dist/bigtop/bigtop-1.0.0/repos/
(refer to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+distribution+from+Bigtop
- probably also this page need some update)
  - change from "make" to "./gradlew" .

> The packaging.gradle assembles sdeb files with are used with debuild .
I use the following commands to assemble deb files (see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Building+Bigtop+on+Ubuntu):
./gradlew realclean
./gradlew bigtop-utils-deb # build this project first
./gradlew hadoop-deb # to build just for hadoop first
./gradlew deb # build all the rest
Is there a better way to assemble sdeb files?

>> root@6f1894cdcbee:/# apt-get install aptitude htop iotop sudo puppet
>> curl gradle git maven openjdk-7-jdkopenjdk-7-jre libxslt1-dev
>> libkrb5-dev libldap2-dev libmysqlclient-dev libsasl2-dev libsqlite3-dev
>> libxml2-dev python-dev python-setuptools liblzo2-dev libzip-dev
>> libfuse-dev libssl-dev build-essential dh-make debhelper devscripts reprepro
>
> It should be sufficient to install curl and openjdk-7-jre-headless (the gradle dependencies).
I used a dependencies list on bigtop
homepage but now the page has been updated for the new release.

Best Regards
Fabio