bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Fabio <fa...@pirola.org>
Subject Questions about debian build and packages
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 22:49:57 GMT
Hi all,

I am a new bigtop user and I am trying to create my docker image from
**scratch** based on debian-testing and bigtop (I see that you have
publish docker images but I prefer to create a new one from my own).
I wrote a simple wiki in order to create a debian-testing docker image
from scratch.
Please find:
  - in attachment debug log from my docker image;
  - a little wiki in the bottom of the email.

I have two questions:

  1. How can I create debian packages? I searched with "find . -type f
-name *.deb" but I have not found anything

  2. I found warnings in the build log file:
       Warning: Waiting for output; will sleep 0.0 seconds
       Warning: Waiting for output; will sleep 0.5 seconds
       Warning: Could not get output
     Is it something strange happened or is it okay?

Thanks for your work
Regards

Fabio

***
# Instructions

## Create docker image
1. Install Linux container
# apt-get install lxc

2. Install a Debian base system into debian-testing subdirectory
# debootstrap testing debian-testing/ http://http.debian.net/debian/
Note: to locate a mirror near you, see the list of [Debian worldwide
mirror sites](https://www.debian.org/mirror/list).
Note-2: it is possible to include packages using debootstrap but I found
an error with the following command (I will analyze&open a bug report to
debian project)
# debootstrap
--include=aptitude,htop,iotop,sudo,puppet,curl,gradle,git,maven,openjdk-7-jdk,openjdk-7-jre,libxslt1-dev,libkrb5-dev,libldap2-dev,libmysqlclient-dev,libsasl2-dev,libsqlite3-dev,libxml2-dev,python-dev,python-setuptools,liblzo2-dev,libzip-dev,libfuse-dev,libssl-dev,build-essential,dh-make,debhelper,devscripts,reprepro
 testing debian-testing/ http://http.debian.net/debian/

3. Create tar archive
# cd debian-testing && tar cf ../debian-testing.tar .

4. Create an empty filesystem image and import the contents of the tarball
# cd .. && docker import - debian:testing-bigtop < debian-testing.tar

5. Check image has been correctly imported
$ docker images
REPOSITORY          TAG                 IMAGE ID            CREATED
        VIRTUAL SIZE
debian              testing-bigtop      907580971b7e        9 seconds
ago       283.2 MB

6. A simple run test
$ docker run -i -t debian:testing-bigtop /bin/bash
root@a855d3b5e5b9:/# uname -a
Linux a855d3b5e5b9 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt11-1
(2015-05-24) x86_64 GNU/Linux

## Install Bigtop on docker image
1. Open docker image
$ docker run -i -t debian:testing-bigtop /bin/bash

2. Resynchronize the package index files && install the newest versions
of all packages currently installed on the system
root@6f1894cdcbee:/# apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

3. Install all dependencies
root@6f1894cdcbee:/# apt-get install aptitude htop iotop sudo puppet
curl gradle git maven openjdk-7-jdk openjdk-7-jre libxslt1-dev
libkrb5-dev libldap2-dev libmysqlclient-dev libsasl2-dev libsqlite3-dev
libxml2-dev python-dev python-setuptools liblzo2-dev libzip-dev
libfuse-dev libssl-dev build-essential dh-make debhelper devscripts reprepro

4. Open root directory
root@6f1894cdcbee:/# cd root

5. Download latest version of Bigtop
root@6f1894cdcbee:/# git clone
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/bigtop.git && cd bigtop

6. Create and install packages
root@6f1894cdcbee:/# ./gradlew toolchain --debug
&>/root/build_bigtop_`date +%Y%m%d`"_"`date +%H%M%S`.log

***
Some useful links:
[Debian - A brief introduction to using
docker](https://www.debian-administration.org/article/696/A_brief_introduction_to_using_docker#a2)