bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Olaf Flebbe ...@oflebbe.de>
Subject Re: How generate spark-rpm from a custom build Spark tarball?
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2015 20:26:09 GMT
Hi.

Yes you can edit the bigtop.mk file for changing versions. For enabling additional build options
edit
bigtop-packages/src/common/spark/do-component-build

If you need to patch the sources, please follow the instructions at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Bigtop+Packaging
(see zookeeper for a demo if this functionality)

Olaf

archive: http://archive.apache.org/dist/spark

> So I can change the bigtop.mk#SPARK_BASE_VERSION to the latest  1.4.0 and build proper
RPMs for this version.

> But if i need to create my own Spark tarball assembly that enables flags like -Phive
and -Phive-thriftserver ... then what is the best way to point Bigtop to my custom assembly
and generate rpms for it?