bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Jay Vyas <jayunit100.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How generate spark-rpm from a custom build Spark tarball?
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2015 21:28:12 GMT
Thanks for bringing this up Christian.

We encourage people to open up bigtop and build their own distributions, so it's great to
see you doing this.  Let us know how it works for you and we'll be here to answer questions.

In general, For build options you often want to look at the do-component-build file, which
is the part that compiles the maven artifacts.

For example https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-packages/src/common/mahout/do-component-build
for mahout and so on.

the apache archive: http://archive.apache.org/dist/spark

>> > So I can change the bigtop.mk#SPARK_BASE_VERSION to the latest  1.4.0 and build
proper RPMs for this version.

>> > But if i need to create my own Spark tarball assembly that enables flags like
-Phive and -Phive-thriftserver ... then what is the best way to point Bigtop to my custom
assembly and generate rpms for it?