bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Martin Bukatovic <mbuka...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: newbie question of BigTop
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 17:21:46 GMT
Dear bigtop users,

On 06/10/2015 06:50 PM, Martin Bukatovic wrote:
> On 06/09/2015 02:02 AM, Demai Ni wrote:
>> I was expecting some tool (pdsh, vagrant provisioner) as you mentioned,
>> would do such job for end-users. But the document didn't mention such
>> tool(or I missed them?), and I got the impression that that steps 1)~3)
>> are required by manual effort.
>
> For this I use ansible playbook which suits my needs well as I have
> small testing 3 machine cluster. But this is hardly something which
> suits the needs of the bigtop project I guess.

I have published initial version of ansible playbook which sets
up and runs bigtop masterless puppet recipe as described in my
previous comment. It works with current master only (upcoming
1.0.0 release).

https://github.com/mbukatov/bigtop-contrib/tree/master/playbook

This doesn't make much sense to be included in bigtop, but
since I have seen some interest in this area here, I'm
sharing my scripts with you.

There actually is ansible module for puppet, see:

http://docs.ansible.com/puppet_module.html

but I'm not using it yet.

--
Martin Bukatovic