bigtop-user mailing list archives

From "Kelly, Jonathan" <jonat...@amazon.com>
Subject Re: Bundling Snappy with Hadoop
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 22:57:21 GMT
Nvm, answered my own question. Apparently I want snappy-devel rather than snappy.

~ Jonathan Kelly

From: <Kelly>, Jonathan Kelly <jonathak@amazon.com<mailto:jonathak@amazon.com>>
Date: Monday, June 8, 2015 at 3:31 PM
To: "user@bigtop.apache.org<mailto:user@bigtop.apache.org>" <user@bigtop.apache.org<mailto:user@bigtop.apache.org>>
Subject: Bundling Snappy with Hadoop

Is anybody bundling Hadoop with Snappy support on Bigtop? I noticed that https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-packages/src/common/hadoop/do-component-build
checks for the presence of /usr/lib/libsnappy.so or /usr/lib64/libsnappy.so and sets $BUNDLE_SNAPPY
accordingly, so it seems that I should just need to install the snappy package, and Hadoop
will automatically be built with Snappy support. However, when I install the snappy package
("sudo yum install -y snappy" on AmazonLinux 2015.03), the library file that gets installed
is /usr/lib64/libsnappy.so, not /usr/lib64/libsnappy.so.1, so installing the snappy package
has no effect on the Hadoop build.

Thanks,
Jonathan Kelly