bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Demai Ni <nid...@gmail.com>
Subject newbie question of BigTop
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 22:30:39 GMT
hi, folks,

I am looking at BigTop as noncommercial hadoop distribution package, as an
alternative of CDH, HDP. And this is my first time to try out bigTop.

My expectation was:
1) setup my cluster with passwordless ssh
2) download the necessary bigtop components on one of the nodes.
3) run an installation/configure tool from the node on 2)
4) BigTop will (through puppet) install and configure the whole cluster.

the point is that no need of a lot of manual work on every node.

But I am following instruction for 0.8.0 and 0.7.0, like
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+BigTop+0.7.0+hadoop+on+CentOS+with+puppet

there are quite a few steps, (almost all the steps in above link) are
required to be performed on each node?

so it looks like the human work is significant higher between small(3 node)
and large(100+) cluster.  Is that right?

Thanks.

Demai