bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Evans Ye <evan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: deployment of bigtop stable release
Date Sat, 06 Jun 2015 19:29:13 GMT
Hey Martin, sorry to reply you late.
I think you can also refer to my reply in "newbie question of BigTop"
thread for the deployment.
I'm sorry that the document currently we have are a little bit out of date.
So thanks for wrapping up your notes! It would be great if we can put that
on our wiki.

Getting back to your questions, I think you better use puppet recipes in
the master to deploy bigtop clusters at this moment. The reason behind this
is that our puppet recipes changed a lot from 0.8 to 1.0. If you don't want
to learn it twice, than you better use the newest version directly. :)
The new puppet recipes can be used to deploy bigtop 0.8 packages as well.
AFAIK the incomparable component should be sqoop only.
For bigtop users, I think it's always better to use a fix release of
bigtop, since the master can have broken feature during development,
although we tend not to.
Hopefully I've answered your questions. if not, welcome to ask more. :)