bigtop-user mailing list archives

From <n...@reactor8.com>
Subject RE: Rebooting the conversation on the Future of bigtop: Abstracting the backplane ? Containers?
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 19:47:39 GMT
Echoing Evans, think we should not be worried about stateless vs non-stateless containers..,
seems core idea and need to is optimize the build process and maximize re-use whether on host
or container machines or build environments.

Added sub-task with Olaf’s idea to Evans umbrella CI task, currently marked it for 1.1:

From: Evans Ye [mailto:evansye@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2015 7:16 AM
To: user@bigtop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Rebooting the conversation on the Future of bigtop: Abstracting the backplane
? Containers?

I thnk it's not a problem that container is not stateless. No matter how we should have CI
jobs that builds all the artifacts and store them as official repos.
You point out an important thing that is the mvn install is the key feature to propergate
self patched components around. If we disable this than there's no reason to build jars by
ourselves. I'm +1 to option 2.

2015年6月19日 上午5:59於 "Olaf Flebbe" <of@oflebbe.de <mailto:of@oflebbe.de>
>寫道:

> Am 18.06.2015 um 23:57 schrieb jay vyas <jayunit100.apache@gmail.com <mailto:jayunit100.apache@gmail.com>
>:
>
> You can easily share the artifacts with a docker shared volume
>
> in the container "EXPORT M2_HOME=/container/m2/"
>
> follwed by
>
> "docker build -v ~/.m2/ /container/m2/ ........ "
>
> This will put the mvn jars into the host rather than the guest conatainer, so that they
persist.

Thats not the point. Containers are not stateless any more.

Olaf