bigtop-user mailing list archives

From RJ Nowling <rnowl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Presenting BigTop Bazaar
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 17:06:58 GMT
When I read your email, I realized I forgot to describe it! I appreciate that you responded!

> On Apr 6, 2015, at 12:00 PM, Evans Ye <evansye@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Got it. That really sounds cool !

>> Hi Evans!
>>
>> BigTop Bazaar is new data generator -- unrelated to BigPetStore.  It simulates the
movement of people at a conference, driven by preferences in booths.  I originally created
it to help with development and testing of an analytics demo app since we only had access
to real data during the live event.

>> Andrew, Jay, and I are going to discuss a way to create an example integrating with
Hbase.

>>> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Evans Ye <evansye@apache.org> wrote:
>>> I'm not quite sure if I get it right. ;) But to me I think one of the important
things bigtop provides is hadoop ecosystem integration testing, which I think bigpetstore
can help. Another value-added thing that bigpetstore provides is showing people what real
world problem can be solved by adopting big data solutions. The bigpetstore project really
brings bigtop to the next level by demonstrating real cases that can be evaluated on bigtop's
big data stack.

of Industrial & Applied Math (SIAM) in Grand Rapids, MI on May 2.