bigtop-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gearing up for 0.9
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 06:14:08 GMT
Any objections to this, anyone? Let's wait a couple of days and if no speaks
up against it - let's repurpose BIGTOP-1480 to reflect this decision.

Cos

On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 10:27PM, jay vyas wrote:
>    after thinking more, in IRC, this is a great idea !
> 
>    - lets ditch 0.9 , and
>    - release 1x as a new, next generation bigtop which features a broad
>    spectrum of in memory analytics tooling
>    On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 11:07 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org>
>    wrote:
> 
>      On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 12:14PM, Peter Linnell wrote:
>      > Hi Cos,
>      >
>      > On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 18:56:19 +0000
>      > Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:
>      >
>      > > Guys,
>      > >
>      > > It'd be great if we can have the next release ready by ApacheCon in
>      > > April. Think about all the PR and publicity we can get without any
>      > > effort on our own. And perhaps from the tactical standpoint we shall
>      > > call this release 1.0?
>      > >
>      >
>      > Definitely something to consider.
>      >
>      > > I believe the only major hurdle between us and the release is CI.
>      > > Roman, I understand you're busy elsewhere, but could you please let
>      > > us know what else needs to be done before we can start doing the
>      > > regular builds and how the community can help. That's the highest
>      > > priority, IMO.
>      > >
>      > > There a couple of the tickets left unfixed/unassigned on
>      BIGTOP-1480,
>      > > and if they aren't resolved on time we can move them farther.
>      There's
>      > > lesser than a half-dozen blockers and none of them look too big,
>      > > honestly. And we have a whole lot of active committers and
>      > > contributors to wrap-up the release in a couple of weeks.
>      > >
>      > > Do we want to try upgrade to HBase 1.x for this release or it might
>      > > be too big of a distortion? Andrew, what do you think and do you
>      have
>      > > cycles to do that?
>      > >
>      > > What else we need to get done for this release? Suggestions?
>      >
>      > Make sure our website is fully up to date and some wiki pages on build
>      > details need updating. E.g no need to build protobuf, I've got a repo
>      > where I built all the needed bits on build.opensuse.org for both rpm
>      > distros *and* debs.
> 
>      I think the two pages you're referring to should be gone - I have added
>      link
>      to the modern description of build process (right at the top of the
>      page).
>      Also, there's a ticket to improve the wiki in this regards.
>      > > Is there anyone who wants to step up as the RM this time around? RM
>      > > doesn't mean that you have to do all the job, but rather be an
>      > > efficient with a stick ;)
>      > >
>      >
>      > I'm going to tentative raise my hand for that. I've done it before and
>      > later March to most of April my travel schedule calms down a lot.A 
>      I'll
>      > give a definite in the next few days.
>      >
>      > > Thoughts?
>      > >A  A Cos
>      >
>      >
>      > Cheers,
>      > Peter
> 
>    --
>    jay vyas

Mime
View raw message