bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Christian Tzolov <christian.tzo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bigtop Docker image with Dockerfile.
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 08:24:35 GMT
Hi Konstantin,

I see your point. My goal however was to generate RPMs for some projects
(Spark particularly) and experiment with different versions and
configurations.

I could not find a proper doc explaining how to bootstrap with Bigtop. The
wiki pages like (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Building+Bigtop+on+RHEL7)
are outdated, missing libraries and stil refering to the 'make' tool.

I've tried the './gradlew toolchain' to build an environment but it still
requires some libs to be preinstalled so i've decided to keep everything in
a single Dockerfile.

Concerning only the packaging tasks I guess 2 environments (for RPM and
DEB) are enough?

Cheers,
Christian