bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Peter Linnell <plinn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gearing up for 0.9
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2015 20:14:32 GMT
Hi Cos,

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 18:56:19 +0000
Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> It'd be great if we can have the next release ready by ApacheCon in
> April. Think about all the PR and publicity we can get without any
> effort on our own. And perhaps from the tactical standpoint we shall
> call this release 1.0?

Definitely something to consider.

> I believe the only major hurdle between us and the release is CI.
> Roman, I understand you're busy elsewhere, but could you please let
> us know what else needs to be done before we can start doing the
> regular builds and how the community can help. That's the highest
> priority, IMO.
>
> There a couple of the tickets left unfixed/unassigned on BIGTOP-1480,
> and if they aren't resolved on time we can move them farther. There's
> lesser than a half-dozen blockers and none of them look too big,
> honestly. And we have a whole lot of active committers and
> contributors to wrap-up the release in a couple of weeks.
>
> Do we want to try upgrade to HBase 1.x for this release or it might
> be too big of a distortion? Andrew, what do you think and do you have
> cycles to do that?
>
> What else we need to get done for this release? Suggestions?

Make sure our website is fully up to date and some wiki pages on build
details need updating. E.g no need to build protobuf, I've got a repo
where I built all the needed bits on build.opensuse.org for both rpm
distros *and* debs.

> Is there anyone who wants to step up as the RM this time around? RM
> doesn't mean that you have to do all the job, but rather be an
> efficient with a stick ;)

I'm going to tentative raise my hand for that. I've done it before and
later March to most of April my travel schedule calms down a lot.  I'll
give a definite in the next few days.

> Thoughts?
>   Cos

Cheers,