bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Packaging apache* projects?
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2015 01:48:05 GMT
[adding user@....]

Sorry for getting on so late...

My take on this is pretty simple: if we can just get any potential
dependencies we need with  'puppet apply...' - let's do just that. The reason
we are packing groovy - BTW would appreciate the review for BIGTOP-1423
- is that it wasn't available otherwise.

The moment we start maintaining derby, we:
 a) we'll have to maintain for a long time
 b) someone will ask to add postgres, mysql, etc.

I love postgres, but you see my point... I'd say let's rely as much on the
distro vendors: distos are commodity. All of them. Including Bigtop. That's
why, I think, we started getting away from being a Hadoop distro project, to
Bigdata/In-memory OSS stack.

Cos